This week’s lab demo videos
- Wikipedia Layout 2 – Use the same HTML from your in-class typography exercise, but create a completely new layout for it using CSS. You should use different fonts, different type styles, etc. Try to make this second version as different as possible from your first layout. Remember – your HTML (the structure) doesn’t change, but your CSS (the style, how it looks) does change. Think about how much of a difference your styles can make to the same content.
- Upload your second layout to your GitHub repo and link to it from your home page.
Next week’s lab demo videos
- Coming Soon, check Slack #demos channel
- Zoom room
- Today’s Notes
- Hear from Jillian about bias in design and black gooey universe and we discuss
- Introduce Project 2: Stories as Networks
- Look at examples of type online
- Activity, observing type
- Sketch out 3 different versions of your selected story to explore the different directions your project could go. With each direction, use different typefaces and explain your reasoning for each. Upload ideas to a new file under your name in Figma before the start of class on Tuesday.
- Read Typography and the Screen – Loretta Staples
- Kashish will be our discussion leader, everyone else will respond on the doc.
- Watch the lecture Lecture: Digital Typography & Interface Aesthetics
- Jillian, please prepare a presentation on Black Gooey Universe and be prepared to connect it to Lecture: Bias in Design
- Read Black Gooey Universe and leave a discussion question or comment on our doc
- Watch Lecture: Bias in Design
- Review the critique notes from the group you were not a part of